DCTCoreDataStack is intended for non-document based apps, and sets up the whole Core Data structure such that after initializing, the managedObjectContext property is ready for use.
DCTCoreDataStack provides the following features:
- An encapsulation of the complete Core Data stack of NSManagedObjectContext, NSPersistentStoreCoordinator, NSPersistentStore, and NSManagedObjectModel
- On supporting OS’s, writing to disk is performed on a background thread, by using a parent context. Saving the main context automatically triggers saving the parent context asynchronously
- -[NSManagedObjectContext dct_saveWithCompletionHandler:] method can be used to be notified when saving to disk finishes, asynchronously if possible
- Allows you to resolve errors when loading the persistent store by setting the
didResolvePersistentStoreErrorHandlerblock and handling the error
- On iOS, the app entering the background, or terminating, automatically triggers a save if needed. You can be notified of such saves by setting the
- On iOS, when saving on a background thread, the stack protects against termination/suspension by declaring the save as a background task
- Providing YES for DCTCoreDataStackExcludeFromBackupStoreOption in the storeOptions will exclude the persistent store from being backed up
Thanks to Mike Abdullah for persisting on making this better (via continuously pestering me) and writing a lot of the documentation.
Copyright © 2012 Daniel Tull. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the author nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.