Find short & sweet single word domain hacks with Hipster Domains at Hipster.Domains. All domains listed should be available for registration. Originally created by Bram Hoskin, now (somewhat) maintained by Daniel Haaser.
Requirements for Hipster Domains are Python 3 and MongoDB. Environment management is handled with virtualenv.
- Install Python 3. This can be done with Homebrew on OSX or
- Install pip3. This is the Python 3 version of the Python package manager. You can use Homebrew on OSX or
- Install virtualenv with
pip3 install virtualenv.
- Create a virtual environment within the project directory. Navigate to the project directory, and execute
virtualenv -p python3 venv. This will create a virtual environment named venv, configured to use Python 3.
- Activate the virtual environment by running
- Install the project dependencies with
pip install -r requirements.txt.
- Install MongoDB and activate it with
Hipster Domains is ready to be used locally. Just run populate_db.py to populate the database with 100 domain hacks. Note this is for testing purposes only and the domains will be marked as available without any verification. In production use update.py as described below.
update.py calculates all possible domain hacks from words in words.txt and inserts/updates their availability with Domainr's API (API key must be set in environment.ini). update.py uses schedule to check domain availability every 24 hours.