This is a fork of the VimRepress project, located at http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3510.
VimBlog is a plugin for managing a Wordpress blog using Vim. There are many similar plugins, but most are no longer being developed.
- Vim 7.3+ with python 2.6/2.7 support
- Python Environment matched wtih Vim's support
- python-markdown/python-markdown2 installed
- Wordpress 3.0.0 +
- Clone ths repository into your Vim environment's plugin directory
- Create a ~/.vimrepressrc file, and put the following in it
blog_url = http://yoursite.com/
username = you
password = goodpassword
Some commands list above contain special usage, example below may clearify them for you.
:BlogList - List 30 recent posts. :BlogList page - List 30 recent pages. :BlogList post 100 - List 100 recent posts. :BlogNew post - Write an new post. :BlogNew page - Write an new page. :BlogSave - Save (defautely published.) :BlogSave draft - Save as draft. :BlogPreview local - Preview page/post locally in your browser. :BlogPreview publish - Same as `:BlogSave publish' with brower opened. :BlogOpen 679 :BlogOpen http://your-first-blog.com/archives/679 :BlogOpen http://your-second-blog.com/?p=679 :BlogOpen http://your-third-blog.com/with-your-custom-permalink
I have made a number of changes (hence the name change) to make it more functional for me, including the following:
- I removed the prompt for editing or deleting posts, and am using a command to skip those steps during blogging workflow (see below)
- I moved the post type from Markdown to HTML because I have Wordpress doing Markdown conversion on the server side
I set up a few shortcuts that I use during day-to-day blogging:
From the shell I launch these two character shortcuts to begin blogging immediately.
alias nb="vim +BlogNew
alias eb="vim +BlogList
Once inside Vim I can run these.
nnoremap b :BlogSave publish
nnoremap h :set ft=HTML
All credit to Pentie for creating VimRepress, which this is based on.