EXPERIMENTAL! Only a few hours old.
Hpple: A nice Objective-C wrapper on the XPathQuery library for parsing HTML.
Inspired by why the lucky stiff's Hpricot.
- Easy searching by XPath (CSS selectors are planned)
- Parses HTML (XML coming soon)
- Easy access to tag content, name, and attributes.
- Open your XCode project and the Hpple project.
- Drag the "Hpple" directory to your project.
- Add the libxml2.2.dylib framework to your project and search paths as described at Cocoa with Love
More documentation and short screencast coming soon...
See TFHppleHTMLTest.m in the Hpple project for samples.
#import "TFHpple.h" NSData * data = [NSData dataWithContentsOfFile:@"index.html"]; TFHpple * doc = [[TFHpple alloc] initWithHTMLData:data]; NSArray * elements = [doc search:@"//a[@class='sponsor']"]; TFHppleElement * element = [elements objectAtIndex:0]; [e content]; // Tag's innerHTML [e tagName]; // "a" [e attributes]; // NSDictionary of href, class, id, etc. [e objectForKey:@"href"]; // Easy access to single attribute
- Internal error catching and messages
- CSS3 selectors in addition to XPath