Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
You never know when a new Rectball release will arrive!
- Android O (8.0) is officially supported.
- Android I (4.0) or above is now required to run the game.
- Minimum OpenGL ES version is now set to 2.0. This was already the case before, i.e., you could not run the game on phones that only support OpenGL ES 1.x, but it wasn't enforced by the Play Store, so you could install the game on a phone not supporting OpenGL ES 2.0 even though opening the game would fail.
- Blurry fonts have finally been fixed (#59). To celebrate this, the main game typography has changed.
- 'Colorblind' mode has been renamed to 'Colorblind mode' to make more clear the purpose.
- The notification and status bar sometimes were not properly hidden in fullscreen mode - #76. This may have been fixed now, or not.
- Removed Platforms API because desktop support was removed.
I'm still using Android 2.x and I'm mad
This release is not compatible with phones and tablets running Android 2.2, 2.3 and 3.x. Sorry for not being able to provide support for your 7 year old Android version, but the Google Play libraries the GPE version use require Android 4.0 or greater.
If you still have such an old operating system, the OSP version will probably work on Android 2.2+, although it has not been tested. Note that changing the
minSdkVersion property in
app/build.gradle is required to support Android 2.2.