By Daniel Rus Morales <http://danir.us/>
Yet another Django pluggable blogging app that features:
- Three different type of posts: Stories, Quotes and Diary Entries.
- Choose between either 3 or 4 columns layout format.
- Default theme based on twitter-bootstrap.
- Create new themes without modifying existing code.
- Posts may be in Draft/Public status, and published in the future.
- Posts categorized with tags, with django-tagging.
- Independent paginated list of Stories, Quotes and Comments.
- Comments managed with django-comments-xtd.
- Support for inline media with django-inline-media.
- Blogroll, Multiple Authors, Search capabilities with django-haystack, and more.
Documentation work in progress, so far the list of features and a screenshot:
Install the app and run the example site to see it in action:
Create a VirtualEnv for the app
Git clone: git clone git://github.com/danirus/django-dress-blog.git
Cd into django-dress-blog and install requirements: pip install requirements
- To have search functionality up & running:
- Install Xapian >= 1.2, and
- Copy: cp ../src/xapian-haystack/xapian_backend.py ../src/django-haystack/haystack/backends/
If you don't want to have search at the moment just edit django-dress-blog/example/demo/settings.py and comment out "haystack" in INSTALLED_APPS
Cd into django-dress-blog/example/demo
Run python manage.py collectstatic, and answer 'yes'
Run sh install.sh (to syncdb, migrate and loaddata)
- If you have installed xapian, build the search index:
- python manage.py rebuild_index
Run python manage.py localhost and hit http://localhost:8000
Admin access with user admin, password admin.
Remember, it's a beta yet!