Personal blog turned film review website that discusses the good, the bad, and the ugly of recently watched movies. Final project for Shawn Van Every's Spring 2017 Networked Media course at New York University's Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP).
Features of Reel Talk
- Node.js and Express-based HTTP server
- Login and registration modals using AJAX
- Registration to MongoDB using .save() and login retrievals using .findOne()
- Immediate article submission to MongoDB using .save()
- Query search using regular expression
- EJS templates
- Responsive design
- TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML editor for article submissions
- Contact forms via Gmail SMTP
- Hashed passwords
- Form validation
- Custom made 1080px 12-grid system
Work in Progress
Listed below are the features that are still under construction.
- Visual Design
- Replace dummy text with real content
- SSL certification to run on secure protocol
- Code cleanup
- The stylesheet for this project is one of my messiest work, as I am not using SASS/SCSS.