Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The Project menu is the hub for managing the state of files and settings in the current directory.
Find File: Find a file by characters in the file name or path
- Name Example: 'Sample' or 'STF' or '.txt' for opening 'SampleTextFile.txt'
- Path Example: 's/t/txt' or 'tr/s' or 'trim/sample' for opening 'start/trim/SampleTextFile.txt'
- Search: Find text in the current project. Wildcards such as '*' (match any character string) and '?' (match any single character) are supported.
- Source Control: Save and commit changes to a version control system
- Runnables: View shell and build system commands available to the current project
- Run Tab: Run the current tab using a Runnables file runner command
- Alternate Run Tab: Run the current tab using an alternate file runner
- Go to Declaration: Open the file and line where the current word was declared, if applicable
- Directory: Refresh the directory tree to show any changes which have occurred
- Search Index: Refresh the project search index (mainly for debugging purposes)
- Web Bookmarks: View a list of saved web pages related to the project
- Todo List: View all lines in the current project which have a 'Todo' marker, like "TODO", "FIXME", etc
Project Directory trees also have a number of context menu items for quick access:
- New File: Add a new file to the selected or enclosing directory
- New Directory: Add a new directory to the selected or enclosing directory
- Rename: Rename the current file or directory
- Delete: Delete the current file or directory
- Switch Branch: If the current project is using a supported version control system, the option to switch branches will be available
- in File Browser - Opens the selected or enclosing directory in a file browser. The file browser to use can be configured in Preferences
- in Command Line - Opens the selected or enclosing directory in a command line. The command line to use can be configured in preferences
- as new Project - Opens a selected subdirectory as a new Project in a new window
- as Subproject - Opens a selected subdirectory as a new project which also shared Redcar configuration files with the parent directory
- Open Default App - Open the highlighted file in the default system application. Useful for non-text files.
- Hide this file - Hide the selected file or file type
- Show Hidden Files/Hide Hidden Files - Toggle visibility of hidden files