This is a client-side, river of news UI that consumes a JSONP file generated using Dave Winer's River2 software.
v.0.5.0 : 9 March 2011
- Automatically checks for updates to the feed.
- Added a favicon and apple-touch-icon.
- Added _json-example.js; only used for localhost debugging.
- Switched to Google CDN jQuery (with local fallback).
- Switched to local jQuery Templates plugin.
- Removed HTML5 elements and shim; IE cannot style HTML5 elements generated from the jQuery templates.
- Added X-UA-Compatible to force latest IE rendering engine and enable Chrome Frame.
- Changed meta viewport to
- Default JSON url, JSON callback, and social sharing settings can be overriden in
River.settingsin the document head.
- Added ARIA landmark roles.
- Added RSS image to footer.
- Updated footer's fine-print.
- Stream item titles are now hyperlinks only if there is an
- Each stream item's
idis added to its container element. Used to check if new items exist in the stream.
- Conditional display of Twitter and Facebook sharing links.
- All stream items are contained within
- Notification of updates to the feed are shown in
- Removed individual article borders to reduce visual clutter.
- Added a marker to indicate which item was previously the most recent, prior to stream update. Only visible in expanded view.
- Complete rewrite of the scripts (including use of namespacing).
- Regular checks for updates to the JSON feed.
- Displays the number of new items available.
- Repopulates the stream when the notice is clicked.
- Changed the way the datetime format used on blocks of updates. Time comes last, no longer displays seconds.