This is a Sinatra template starter project it now contains two templates web and api. The web is optimized to have a front end view, while that api is setup for a quick api only setup with no UI.
- Web template includes bootstrap, JQuery, sinatra flash, http basic auth, and some base CSS/JS.
- Api template includes https only, gem, and some other helpers for getting going
This is just basically a personal template and won't be trying to support a bunch of configurable use cases, but feel free to use it if you find it helpful
- NR configured to work on heroku by default
- GA ready just update views/layout.erb 'UA-XXXXX' with id
- Foreman setup with (Procfile.dev, Procfile.errors, Procfile)
foreman start -f Procfile.dev
To clone a project
rake clone_web project=web_example
rake clone_api project=api_example
To Run Examples Locally
cd web foreman start #or bundle exec rackup -p 3000
cd api bundle exec rackup -p 3000
- Provide better instructions on what to rename and redo
- Instructions for getting running with Heroku
- Opposed to generating a Sinatra app have the ability to generate a static site with rake file to upload to S3
- add figaro to manage environment, add application.yml to gitignore
- rename all pieces / files of client gem to more appropriate name
- update better proc files based off churn-site
- integrate free gemnasium https://gemnasium.com/pricing
- integrate NR or exception_notifier or free heroku error tracker
- build simplecov into sinatra template from the beginning opposed to adding to projects later
- add mini profiler to base project
- Fork it.
- Create a branch (git checkout -b my_markup)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am "Added something awesome, it does X which solves problem Y")
- Push to the branch (git push origin my_markup)
- If you haven't already read about good Pull Request practices or have never submitted one before read about submitting your first pull request
- Open a Pull Request
- Awesome thanks I will try to get back to you soon.
See the file license.txt for copying permission.
Generated by Sinatra Template
This project was originally generated by sinatra template