Copyright (c) Dan Wilcox 2007, 2011
This is a very, very minimal readme on the legacy (2007-2011) robotcowboy framework. The new robotcowboy 2.0 app framework will be forthcoming soon ...
This is the legacy script and Pure Data framework for robotcowboy, a Linux-based wearable computer musical performance system. The Pure Data patch libraries and run scripts are packaged into .deb Debian package files (using checkinstall) to be deployed on an Ubuntu system.
2 external programs can also be packaged:
- rc-visual, a simple SDL graphics engine: https://github.com/danomatika/rc-visual
- rc-unitd, a hid device daemon: https://github.com/danomatika/rc-unitd
The following scripts are provided to automate the build process:
- clone_externals: git clones rc-visual and rc-unitd
- build_packages: builds rc-visual and rc-unitd, builds debian packages using checkinstall
- clean_all: cleans sources and built packages
Note, you will need:
- git, source control system used to checkout code form github
- checkinstall, a Linux application used to build the Debian packages
- the individual libs required to build rc-visual & rc-unitd (see their readmes)