Botblock is Twitter block list containing the user ids of a large number of known porn bot accounts. Such accounts have usually been stolen from their real users and had their profile pictures and descriptions replaced. They are mainly used to aggressively market porn sites and are a nuisance to ordinary Twitter users. Importing the Botblock list prevents these bots from interacting with your account i.e., following you and liking or retweeting your tweets.
The list has been generated using a combination of machine learning and image recognition algorithms. It is regularly updated to add new bots and remove accounts suspended by Twitter or reclaimed by their original owners.
Twitter places technical limitations on the size of blocklists. They may not contain more than 5000 lines or be over 50 KiB in size. For that reason, the list has been split into several sublists.
- Download the list by clicking the green "Clone or download" button above and then choosing "Download ZIP".
- Unpack the downloaded ZIP file.
- On Twitter, go to "Settings and privacy" and then "Blocked accounts".
- Click "Advanced options" and choose "Import a list".
- Select one of the downloaded CSV files to upload.
- Click "Preview" and then "Block".
- Repeat steps 4 - 6 above for each of the downloaded CSV files.
Comments and suggestions
Open an issue here on Github for any comments, suggestions, or error reports you may have.