This program accepts any text and searchs inside every IP address. With each of those IP addresses, geolocate queries Maxmind GeoIP database to look for the city and country where IP or URL is located.
Geolocate is designed to be used in console with pipes and redirections along with applications like traceroute, etc.
Geolocate's output is the same text than input but each IP address is going to have appended its country, city and long-lat coordinates (depending on verbosity level).
Geolocate depends on several system packages to run, so be sure to check installations instructions to get those dependencies installed.
See wiki for more detailed info.
Author: Dante Signal31 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2017-07-11: Geolocate version 1.4.0 release. Maxmind license_key is now stored ciphered in system keyring.
- 2015-06-28: Geolocate version 1.2.3 release. Interpreter version check now runs when geolocate is run from an installed pypi package.
- 2015-06-26: Geolocate version 1.2.2 released. Geolocate now warns user and exits gracefully if it detects it is being run on a Python 2.x interpreter.
- 2015-05-03: Geolocate version 1.2.1 released. Setup.py description had an incorrect homepage url, now it is fixed.
- 2015-05-03: Geolocate version 1.2.0 released. Now geolocate includes its own gzip decompressor, so its no longer needed as an external dependency.
- 2015-04-10: Geolocate version 1.1.0 released. Now geolocate includes its own downloader, so its no longer needed as an external dependency.
- 2015-03-14: Geolocate version 1.0.0 released.