This project is a fast GPU implementation of "Generalization of Conway's "Game of Life" to a continuous domain, Rafler 2011".
It is the fastest implementation of SmoothLife to date thanks to the parallel FFT shader inspired by GPU FFT, J.R. Frisvad 2009.
For more info about using or contributing, check the FAQ!
The end goal of this project is to automate the search for cellular automata with certain properties. (i.e. symmetries, property conservation, gliders, self-replication...)
- Provide a fast, GPU-accelerated implementation of the SmoothLife algorithm in 2D.
- Generalize the algorithm to support any number of dimensions and neighborhood kernels.
- Support for arbitrary update functions.
- Output results to a classification framework, for automated searching of the parameter space.
- Mac OSX with developer tools installed
If it doesn't compile, you may have to rebuild glfw for your system.