This release adds:
- New controller refactors
- Dependency updates
- Uploader improvements
- Fix convertor directory location, so convertor now works again
- Overwrites to videos already uploaded
- Height and width adjustments - these may not be perfect so please test them
- Nicer forms
- Nicer video page
- Fixing voting system
Please test and have fun!
This maintenance release adds:
- Layout fixes
- Code refactors / reorganisation and removal of unnecessary things
Please test and try - pulling from from Docker should include everything this time.
Release 0.5.3 includes fixes for issues that users were having with mobile devices.
This fixes these, adds form updates and now includes the 4 beta update to Bootstrap for easier mobile layout management.
Pulling from Docker will give you all these changes, as will the usual Github.
Another micro-release tonight includes:
- Adding of an admin user automatically
- Opening video description links in a new window/tab
- Allow disabling uploads/encodes
Adding envs and pulling Docker should do the trick - but in doubt always pull from git or use the zip file.
An update has been issued to yesterday's 0.5 release to fix the frontend code not being included in the static web server content and a push has been made to Docker.
This means if you start now - or sync from Docker (even if you still have 0.5 in your repository) everything will work again.
Additional changes in 0.5.1:
- Splitting out of Docker dev and prod values
- Extra code static analysis
- Disabling of no-longer-used code (Nodes should be back nearer the next release).
Announcing Project Chaplin (Beta Edition)!
After almost 7 years of development, Project Chaplin has been moved into beta.
This release adds:
- Significant refactoring to most of the code
- Module locations
- Extra building and minification steps
- Much easier Docker-able setup (after feedback) with multiple docker services
As usual, if you have any issues, please don't hesitate to report them at https://github.com/danwdart/projectchaplin/issues
Please play around, see what you can do!
Introducing Project Chaplin 0.3.
Adds Vimeo searching and importing support!
Adds Docker support and includes a sample Docker file (with a Raspberry Pi release in the rpi branch).
Logs and displays a link to the original YouTube link
Adds fullscreen support to YouTube videos
Makes the setup process more streamlined by starting daemons after setup is complete
Adds Infinite loops a la infiniteyoutube.com
Only imports Creative Commons videos from other services to avoid copyright issues
Fixes YouTube API problems
Shows correct licence on YouTube
Removes old HTML5 requirements to add events to play videos and make them fullscreen - this now exists in all modern browsers
Gets rid of old unused code
Splits the ORM into a new repository for other projects
Re-adding the new release to projectchaplin.com is a work in progress.
Since release beta 1, the following features have been added:
Search now produces only CC-licenced YouTube videos
Faster loading through use of HTML5 AppCache (where enabled).