Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Add new items into New Issues
- Then if that issue can be solved now, move it to Backlog. If it will be solved in the future with no rush, move it to Icebox
- Once you start working on issue, move it to In Progress, so others know that you are doing that
- Once you are done with it, move it to Review/QA.
- Some else should review it and approve it, then move it to Done. It will stay there after being completed but before merging its branch.
- After merging the PR or closing the issue move it to Closed, but this step should happen automatically.
Solving an issue
Create a branch with the issue number and its description. For example:
120_improve_performance. It the branch is not related to a specific issue do the same without prefixing it with a number.
There should always be a PR open for the next version. Go there an edit the description to add the fix you are doing. Link it to a specific issue if it was open for that purpose or reference it in the PR body if it fixes multiple issues. Just type:
fixes #32 (number of the issue)and github will link the issue to the PR, closing it upon merge (source).