Resources to Help Voters in City of Denton Elections
- Find which district they live in.
- Find out if they are registered to vote (and in the right distrct).
- Find information about candidates.
If you would like to contribute, fork and clone this repository to your machine then initiate the submodules by running the following commands:
$ git submodule init $ git submodule update
- Patrick Daly - Development
- Darren Smitherman - Design
- Adam Krawiec - Development
- Kyle Taylor - Development
- Brad Koehn - Development
- David Myers - Development
- Devin Taylor - Data
- Jet Regan - Planning
- Andrew Lewis - Development
- Kevin Roden - Organizer
- All code contributors
You will need to setup a local database and create a virtual host to point at the
website directory. It's suggested to use the domain
First, start by copying the
local-config-sample.php file in the
website directory and pasting it without the
-sample in the same directory.
Change the database credentials in
local-config.php to point to your local database.
Install WordPress by visiting the local website.
Configure WordPress after installation:
- Change the Theme to "Vote Denton".
- Create a "Home" page and change its Page Template to "Home".
- Go to Settings > Reading and set the static front page to "Home".
- Activate all necessary plugins (namely, WP-LESS)
Make all style changes in the
style.less file which will compile to CSS on each page load if the file has changed.