cmftStudio - cubemap filtering tool
GUI counterpart of cmft - cross-platform open-source cubemap filtering tool.
It reaches very fast processing speeds by utilizing both multi-core CPU and OpenCL GPU at the same time!
cmftStudio - Windows 64bit (updated: 02. May 2015)
cmftStudio - Linux 64bit (updated: 02. May 2015)
cmftStudio - OSX 64bit (updated: 02. May 2015)
In case you need 32bit binaries, compile from source.
- Latest changes:
- Major allocator changes. (30. Apr 2015)
- Material textures can now be loaded from: dds, ktx, tga, hdr, bmp, gif, jpg, png, pvr, tiff. (8. Apr 2015)
- Gui now scales down on lower resolution screens! Even if you are on a laptop with screen resolution as low as 1366x768, you should be fine. (24. Mar 2015)
- Added full screen support.
- Ctrl/Meta + F == Toggle fullscreen (where supported).
- Ctrl/Meta + Q == Quit application.
- On OSX, in case you don't have middle mouse click, use
Command + Left clickistead.
- Environment map:
- Input and output formats: *.dds, *.ktx, *.hdr, *.tga.
- Input and output types: cubemap, cube cross, latlong, face list, horizontal and vertical strip.
- Input formats: *.dds, *.ktx, *.pvr.
- Input formats: *.obj, *.bin (bgfx binary format).
- There seem to be some rendering problems when using OpenGL backend with a Radeon GPU. For now, on Windows, use DirectX9 or DirectX11 rendering backends until the problem gets fixed, More details here.
- Windows: No installation available. Put the cmftStudio.exe along with cmftStudio.conf in a desired folder and use it from there
- Linux: Use
make uninstall. This will create /usr/local/bin/cmftStudio and a desktop shortcut.
git clone --recurse-submodules http://github.com/dariomanesku/cmftStudio.git cd cmftStudio make
- After calling
_projectsfolder will be created with all supported project files. Deleting
_projectsfolder is safe at any time.
- All compiler generated files will be in
_buildfolder. Again, deleting
_buildfolder is safe at any time.
- Visual Studio solutions can be found in
- From root directory call
make linux-debug64to build the application. Application should be run from the
runtimedirectory where the config file is:
- Application can be installed or removed from the system by calling
sudo make linux-installand
sudo make linux-uninstall.`
- XCode solution can be found in
- XCode project contains one scheme with 4 build configurations (debug/release 32/64bit). Select desired build configuration manually and/or setup schemes manually as desired. In case you need 64bit build, it is possible to just set
Build Settings -> Architectures -> Standard Architectures (64-bit Intel) (x86_64).
- Also it is probably necessary to manually set runtime directory (it is not picking it from genie for some reason). This is done by going to "
Product -> Scheme -> Edit Scheme... -> Run cmftDebug -> Options -> Working Directory (Use custom working directory)" and specifying
runtime/directory from cmft root folder.
- XCode solution can be found in
- Makefile can be found in
- Project can be build from the root directory by running
make osx-release64(or similar).
- Makefile can be found in
- Add full screen support.
- Add support for rendering transparent materials.
- Add GGX specular filter and shading model.
- There is a discussion thread regarding cmftStudio on Blender Artists Forum.
- PVRTexTool - for opening *.dds and *.ktx files.
- GIMP - for opening *.tga files.
- Luminance HDR - for opening *.hdr files.
- CubeMapGen - A well known tool for cubemap filtering from AMD.
- IblBaker - A similar open-source project.
- Marmoset Skyshop - Commercial plugin for Unity3D Game engine.
- Knald Lys - Commercial tool from KnaldTech.
Everyone is welcome to contribute to cmftStudio by submitting code, bug reports, feature requests, testing on different platforms, profiling, etc.
When contributing to the cmftStudio project you must agree to the BSD 2-clause licensing terms.
- Grenade model - Kurt Kupser [link].
- Flintlock model - Ben Cooney [link].
- Cerberus gun model - Andrew Maximov [link].
- Shack environment map - Jon Tojek [link].
- Bolonga environment map - Marmoset pano pack
- Marko Radak - Initial cover photo design and realization.
- Dorian Cioban - Additional cover photo improvements.
- All authors of used assets in the project.
Reach me via Twitter: @dariomanesku.
Copyright 2014-2015 Dario Manesku. All rights reserved. https://github.com/dariomanesku/cmftStudio Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY COPYRIGHT HOLDER ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Licence applies only to cmftStudio project, NOT including the assets supplied in the sample projects. If you wish to use available third party resources, for any purpose, you must contact their respected authors/companies personally.