pIoT is an open source pico/personal framework for the Internet of Things (IoT). It includes a hardware design for low-cost, low-power, Arduino compatible boards, a C++ library for programming the board and a simple server application that stores data and offers web visualization.
This repo contains the design of the hardware board.
Requirements of the board
- it has to be compatible with the Arduino environment
- it must include radio communication means
- building the basic board should cost less than 5€
- it has to be able to last years with standard batteries
- Microcontroller: ATMega 328p, the same as Arduino Uno
- Radio module: nrf24L01+
The hardware design is simply an ATMega328p connected to an nRF24L01. You need to program the ATMega328 following the tutorial on Arduino to Breadboard.
In this repo you can find: