Hitchhiker's Guide to Python
Python Best Practices Guidebook
Work in progress. If you'd like to help, please do. There's a lot of work to be done.
This guide is currently under heavy development. This opinionated guide exists to provide both novice and expert Python developers a best-practice handbook to the installation, configuration, and usage of Python on a daily basis.
- Platform/version specific installations
- Py2app, Py2exe, bbfreeze, pyInstaller
- Pip / virtualenv
- Documentation. Writing it.
- server configurations / tools for various web frameworks
- exhaustive module recommendations, grouped by topic/purpose
- Testing. Jenkins + tox guides.
- How to interface w/ hg from git easily
- what libraries to use for what