Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
we’re proud to announce the first bugfix release for the 2.4 series of darktable, 2.4.1!
the github release is here: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-2.4.1.
as always, please don't use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksums are:
$ sha256sum darktable-2.4.1.tar.xz 6254c63f9b50894b3fbf431d98c0fe8ec481957ab91f9af76e33cc1201c29704 darktable-2.4.1.tar.xz $ sha256sum darktable-2.4.1.dmg 75077f17332a6fda144125ab0f1d3dd219c214bf7602b0b252208f1ec665d031 darktable-2.4.1.dmg $ sha256sum darktable-2.4.1-win64.exe 0be1e0dd8dec61a7cea41598c52db258edaee8783c543b4311fa0ac56ab43d2a darktable-2.4.1-win64.exe $ sha256sum darktable-2.4.1-win64.zip 560d82e4c87c002f0284daca922023df136c822713e3670ba42358c9427fe26c darktable-2.4.1-win64.zip
when updating from the currently stable 2.2.x series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but it will not be possible to downgrade from 2.4 to 2.2.x any more.
Important note: to make sure that darktable can keep on supporting the raw file format for your camera, please read this post on how/what raw samples you can contribute to ensure that we have the full raw sample set for your camera under CC0 license!
and the changelog as compared to 2.4.0 can be found below.
- Allow to select the GUI language in the preferences
- Add a filter rule to the collect module to find locally copied images
- Add favourite toggle to darkroom modules' right click popup
- Allow blending/masking in the hot pixels module
- Add keyboard shortcuts to zoom and pan an image in darkroom. Panning uses the arrow keys, zooming defaults to
ctrlto change the step size of panning.
- Some minor speedups in the grain module
- Handling stdout on Windows: do not redirect stdout for simple command line arguments (
- On Windows, show the location of the log file in the help message
- Enable searching in the more modules list – click into the list to give focus to it, then start typing. The default GTK shortcut
ctrl-fdoesn't work as it's used for filmstrip already
- Add a debug print when compiling OpenCL kernels
- Use the configured overwrite color profile when exporting from Lua – this broke GIMP integration
- Support presets with
<in their name
- Fix export to non-existing path with
\as the path separator on Windows
- Don't insist on the db being locked when it doesn't even exist
- Don't touch the mix slider when resetting the curve in color zones
- Fix a bug in the exposure module that would only allow corrections of up to 10 stops
- Fix custom shortcuts with
- Properly ellipsize text in the recently used collections list
- Fix exported galeries with filenames containing a
- Fix finding mipmaps cache folder in
- Fix a crash in the recently used collections list due to a broken config file
- Set the sqlite threading mode to Serialized
- Fix old export presets using OpenEXR
- Fix building with clang on Windows
- iso-codes version 3.66 or newer is suggested for a nicer list of translations in the preferences.
- The Windows installer comes with an updated libexiv2 so TIFF exports should be much faster now
Camera support, compared to 2.4.0
Warning: support for Nikon NEF 'lossy after split' raws was unintentionally broken due to the lack of such samples. Please see this post for more details. If you have affected raws, please contribute samples!
- Panasonic DC-G9 (4:3)
- Paralenz Dive Camera (chdk)
- Pentax KP
- Sjcam SJ6 LEGEND (chdk-b, chdk-c)
White Balance Presets
- Leaf Credo 40
- Nikon D3400
- Olympus E-M1MarkII
- Panasonic DC-G9
- Sony ILCE-7RM3
- Canon EOS 750D
- Canon EOS Kiss X8i
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i
- Canon EOS 77D
- Canon EOS 9000D
- Canon EOS M100
- Canon EOS M6
- Sony DSC-RX100M4
- YI TECHNOLOGY M1