DarkMonkey For IE
A simple GreaseMonkey/TamperMonkey-like tool for IE
Every hacker need a tool to inject script to fix the web page which is not satisfying him. Firefox has GreaseMonkey, Chrome has TamperMonkey, but IE has nothing.
I need to inject some script to IE-only web pages so I wrote my own toy, DarkMonkey for IE.
How It Works
- Save the script you want to inject as a .js file. Add //Name: and //UrlMatch: (regular expression pattern) in the beginning of the script file. "//Disabled" can mark the script as disabled.
- When DarkMonkey starts, it loads all the scripts in same folder and show the list.
- DarkMonkey detect and compare IE windows's url only when IE gets focus to reduce performance impact. So the script will be injected only after you switch to IE.
- The detecting interval is 1 second.
- When the script is injected, the item in list will show yellow background for 1 second to highlight.
- You can disable or enable script item in list. Remember to disabled unnecessary scirpts to avoid computing waste.
Demostration video: YouTube