This class is a series of guest talks from industry experts followed by Q&A sessions, where you can learn about real-world data-science questions and problems, then the related solutions, products and teams -- right from the trenches, featuring senior data scientists, data engineers and data team leads from startups and enterprises as well. The examples demonstrated and discussed in these sessions will not only help you with ideas for the cap/final project, but will also show you the different aspects of real-world data science and give you some ideas on what to expect at your future job.
We invite 1-2 experts each week to deliver a case study of a real data science problem and solution, followed up by Q&A and then R exercises related to the discussed case studies.
This is a Pass / Fail class. Students are required to attend all 3 weeks and actively participate in the Q&A and R exercises sessions.
2019-05-09 16:30 - 19:50 Szilard Pafka
- Slides: http://bit.ly/szilard-talk-ceu19
- Video recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSr1CpZdOXU&t=310s
2019-05-16 16:30 - 18:10 Alex Trickey
- Talk resources (including slides): https://github.com/alextrickey/adz_demo
2019-05-16 18:20 - 19:10 Julia Hermann
2019-05-16 19:10 - 20:00 Mate Toth
2019-05-16 16:30 - 18:10 Windhager-Pokol Eszter
- Slides: materials/20190605-wpe.pdf
- Dataset: http://bit.ly/CEU-R-usecase-2019-wpe-data
- Code: materials/20190605-wpe.R
2019-05-16 18:20 - 20:00 Denes Toth
- Slides: materials/20190605-denes.pdf