Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
2019-03-18 version 7.1
This version fixes some bugs reported by users since previous release
and add a new configure option to set the search path to libarchive
* Add --with-libarchive configure option to specify where to find archive.h. It is searched in /usr/include and /usr/local/include by default, if the header file is not in these directory you must use this option. Example: ./configure --with-libarchive=/opt/csw.
Full list of changes:
- Fix some compilation warnings. - Fix typos/translation error. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the patch. - Allow base dir to --with-libarchive option, /opt/csw/ instead of /opt/csw/include. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the report. - Fix formatting of configure usage output. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the report. - Defined max() macro even if libarchive is not used. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the report.
2019-03-16 version 7.0
This major version adds some useful features, new configuration directives
and fix some bugs reported by users since previous release.
New features are:
* New scan mode. By default squidclamav scan everything excepted the exclusions defined in 'abort', 'abortcontent', 'whitelist', 'trustuser' and 'trustclient' configuration directives. There is now a mode where squidclamav will scan nothing excepted the inclusions defined with directives 'scan', 'scancontent', 'blacklist', 'untrustuser' and 'untrustclient'. The scan mode is controlled by a new configuration directive 'scan_mode'. Possible values are 'ScanAllExcept' (the default) and 'ScanNothingExcept'. * Add support to libarchive to be able to ban archive with some suspect files inside that are not detected by ClamAv. This feature is disabled by default and can be enable using 'enable_libarchive'. The ban archive can be stored to be recovered by the user through the redirect CGI script if directive 'recoverpath' is set. * An archive banned by libarchive can be recovered through the redirect CGI. See cgi-bin/clwarn.cgi and the redirect configuration directive. recoverpath must be set to use this feature.
Backward compatibility with version 6 of squidclamav and existing
configuration files is fully preserved except for the obsolete 'squidguard'
directive that has been removed. Chained program using this directive is
no longer supported, use the 'url_rewrite_program' squid.conf directive
instead to call squidGuard or any other Url checker.
- Pass generated name of the file saved by libarchive mode to recover the file through a link in the redirect CGI. - Remove obsolete code related to debug and squidguard directives. - Remove obsolete squidguard configuration directive. - Print less messages at DebugLevel 1 to only display essential messages. Remove support to chained program like squidguard using the squidguard directive. Use the 'url_rewrite_program' squid.conf directive instead. - Add multipart configuration directive to documentation. - Add libarchive support (link to recover file) in all CGI scripts. - Update documentation and copyrights. - Update autoconf/automake files. - SquidClamav has a default "ScanAllExcepted" behavior, that mean that everything is scanned except the exclusion set in abort, abortcontent and whitelist directives. With new directive scan_mode it is now possible to reverse the default behavior with mode "ScanNothingExcepted" which will scan nothing excepted what is defined in directive scan, scancontent and blacklist. Backward compatibility is fully preserved. Thanks to Andres Ofner for the feature request. - Add new configuration directives scan_mode, scan, scancontent and blacklist. - Fix some compilation warning with libarchive support and improve multipart content-type code. - Add documentation about libarchive support. - Do not compile code for libarchive support if libarchive is not available to preserve backward compatibility. - Update autoconf and automake files. - Add support to libarchive to be able to exclude archives following their content. Thanks to Vieri Di Paola for the patch. - Send multipart content-type headers to clamav. Thanks to Paul Winkler for the patch. - Fix missing prefix for c-icap-config which affects systems where c-icap is not installed in the PATH. Thanks to Sebastian Weitzel for the patch. - Add debian folder. Thanks to Louis van Belle for the patch.
This release fixes a major bug with debugs macro that can have
bad side effects like printing an error after configuration reload
an possibly some other wrong behaviors.
- Change log level of configuration reloading message.
- Show line in configuration file that can not be parsed
- Enclose debugs macro to avoid misusage. Thanks to Denis Volpato
Martins for the patch.
- Fix Apache complain "AH01215: CGI::param called in list context
from package main line 14, this can lead to vulnerabilities."
Thanks to thctlo for the report.
Please upgrade asap.
2016-01-18 version 6.15
This release fix a major bug of a buffer overflow in squidclamav_safebrowsing()
and change the http response code in squidclamav redirection when a virus is
- Update copyrights
- Fix buffer overflow in squidclamav_safebrowsing(). Thanks to Stuart
Henderson for the patch.
- Change http response code 301 (move permanently) to 307 (temporary
redirect) in squidclamav redirection when a virus is found. Thanks to
Alexander Koch for the report.
- Fix null url, client ip and username in safebrowsing report. Thanks to
Claus Regelmann for the patch.