PyArmor is a command line tool used to obfuscate python scripts, bind obfuscated scripts to fixed machine or expire obfuscated scripts. It protects Python scripts by the following ways:
- Obfuscate code object to protect constants and literal strings.
- Obfuscate co_code of each function (code object) in runtime.
- Clear f_locals of frame as soon as code object completed execution.
- Verify the license file of obfuscated scripts while running it.
Also refer to The Security of PyArmor
- Python 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and Python3
- Prebuilt Platform: win32, win_amd64, linux_i386, linux_x86_64, macosx_x86_64
- Embedded Platform: Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi, Orange Pi, TS-4600 / TS-7600
Refer to Standard Platform Names
pip install pyarmor
pyarmor obfuscate foo.py
Run obfuscated scripts
Pack obfuscated scripts into one bundle
pip install pyinstaller pyarmor pack foo.py
Obfuscate scripts with an expired license
pyarmor licenses --expired 2018-12-31 r001 pyarmor obfuscate --with-license licenses/r001/license.lic foo.py
There is also a web-ui package pyarmor-webui
pip install pyarmor-webui
Start webui, open web page in browser (snapshots)
More usage, refer to
PyArmor is published as shareware, free trial version never expires, but there are some limitations:
- The maximum size of code object is about 32768 bytes in trial version
- All the trial version uses same public capsule other than private capsule
- In trial version the module could not be obfuscated by advanced mode if there are more than about 30 functions (code objects) in this module.
For details, refer to PyArmor License.
A registration keyfile generally named "pyarmor-regfile-1.zip" will be sent to your by email immediately after payment is completed successfully. There are 3 files in the archive:
- license.lic (registration code)
- .pyarmor_capsule.zip (private capsule)
Run the following command to take this keyfile effects:
pyarmor register /path/to/pyarmor-regfile-1.zip
Check the registeration information:
The registration code is valid forever, it can be used permanently. But it may not work with new versions, although up to now it works with all of versions.
If you feel like showing your love and/or appreciation for this project, then how about shouting me a coffee or beer :)