Dash Core version v18.2.1
Release is now available from:
This is a new hotfix version release, bringing various bugfixes.
Please note that v18.2.0 was revoked due to a bug; this version fixes that bug.
This release is optional for all nodes; however, v18.2.1 is required to be able to use both mainnet and testnet. Currently, v18.2.0 is not working on mainnet, and v18.1.1 is not working on testnet; v18.2.1 will work on both networks.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at GitHub:
Upgrading and downgrading
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Dash-Qt (on Mac) or dashd/dash-qt (on Linux). If you upgrade after DIP0003 activation and you were using version < 0.13 you will have to reindex (start with -reindex-chainstate or -reindex) to make sure your wallet has all the new data synced. Upgrading from version 0.13 should not require any additional actions.
When upgrading from a version prior to 18.0.1, the first startup of Dash Core will run a migration process which can take anywhere from a few minutes to thirty minutes to finish. After the migration, a downgrade to an older version is only possible with a reindex (or reindex-chainstate).
Downgrade to a version < v18.2.1
Downgrading to a version older than v18.2.1 is supported.
Downgrade to a version < v18.0.1
Downgrading to a version older than v18.0.1 is not supported due to changes in the indexes database folder. If you need to use an older version, you must either reindex or re-sync the whole chain.
Downgrade of masternodes to < 18.2.1
It is highly recommended not to downgrade masternodes below 18.2.1, as 18.2.1 (and 18.1.1) fix important bugs which may result in your masternode being PoSe banned.
Downgrade of masternodes to < v18.0.1
Starting with the 0.16 release, masternodes verify the protocol version of other masternodes. This results in PoSe punishment/banning for outdated masternodes, so downgrading even prior to the activation of the introduced hard-fork changes is not recommended.
Dash Core imperfectly follows semantic versioning. Breaking changes should be expected in a major release. The number and severity of breaking changes in minor releases are minimized, however we do not guarantee there are no breaking changes. Bitcoin backports often introduce breaking changes, and are a likely source of breaking changes in minor releases. Patch releases should never contain breaking changes.
See #5145 and #5142; these 2 PR fix important bugs in previous versions. Specifically, #5145 fixes an issue where qfcommit messages can be replayed from the past, then are validated and propagated to other nodes. This patch prevents old qfcommits from being relayed. #5142 is a fix which enables this version to function both on testnet and mainnet.
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Changes
The new RPCs are:
The removed RPCs are:
Changes in existing RPCs introduced through bitcoin backports:
Dash-specific changes in existing RPCs:
help <command> for more detailed information on specific RPCs.
Help -> Command-line options in Qt wallet or
dashd --help for
Backports from Bitcoin Core
v18.2.1 Change log
See detailed set of changes.
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release:
- Kittywhiskers Van Gogh
- Konstantin Akimov
- Odysseas Gabrielides
As well as everyone that submitted issues, reviewed pull requests, helped debug the release candidates, and write DIPs that were implemented in this release.
Dash was previously known as Darkcoin.
Darkcoin tree 0.8.x was a fork of Litecoin tree 0.8, original name was XCoin which was first released on Jan/18/2014.
Darkcoin tree 0.9.x was the open source implementation of masternodes based on the 0.8.x tree and was first released on Mar/13/2014.
Darkcoin tree 0.10.x used to be the closed source implementation of Darksend which was released open source on Sep/25/2014.
Dash Core tree 0.11.x was a fork of Bitcoin Core tree 0.9, Darkcoin was rebranded to Dash.
Dash Core tree 0.12.0.x was a fork of Bitcoin Core tree 0.10.
Dash Core tree 0.12.1.x was a fork of Bitcoin Core tree 0.12.
These release are considered obsolete. Old release notes can be found here:
- v18.2.0 released Jan/01/2023
- v18.1.1 released January/08/2023
- v18.1.0 released October/09/2022
- v18.0.2 released October/09/2022
- v18.0.1 released August/17/2022
- v0.17.0.3 released June/07/2021
- v0.17.0.2 released May/19/2021
- v0.16.1.1 released November/17/2020
- v0.16.1.0 released November/14/2020
- v0.16.0.1 released September/30/2020
- v0.15.0.0 released Febrary/18/2020
- v0.14.0.5 released December/08/2019
- v0.14.0.4 released November/22/2019
- v0.14.0.3 released August/15/2019
- v0.14.0.2 released July/4/2019
- v0.14.0.1 released May/31/2019
- v0.14.0 released May/22/2019
- v0.13.3 released Apr/04/2019
- v0.13.2 released Mar/15/2019
- v0.13.1 released Feb/9/2019
- v0.13.0 released Jan/14/2019
- v0.12.3.4 released Dec/14/2018
- v0.12.3.3 released Sep/19/2018
- v0.12.3.2 released Jul/09/2018
- v0.12.3.1 released Jul/03/2018
- v0.12.2.3 released Jan/12/2018
- v0.12.2.2 released Dec/17/2017
- v0.12.2 released Nov/08/2017
- v0.12.1 released Feb/06/2017
- v0.12.0 released Aug/15/2015
- v0.11.2 released Mar/04/2015
- v0.11.1 released Feb/10/2015
- v0.11.0 released Jan/15/2015
- v0.10.x released Sep/25/2014
- v0.9.x released Mar/13/2014