0.12.0 Release notes
Dash Core version 0.12.0 is now available from:
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github:
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Dash-Qt (on Mac) or dashd/dash-qt (on Linux).
This new version uses transaction indexing by default, you will need to reindex the blockchain. To do so, start the client with --reindex.
Because release 0.12.0 and later makes use of headers-first synchronization and parallel block download (see further), the block files and databases are not backwards-compatible with pre-0.12 versions of Dash Core or other software:
Blocks will be stored on disk out of order (in the order they are received, really), which makes it incompatible with some tools or other programs. Reindexing using earlier versions will also not work anymore as a result of this.
The block index database will now hold headers for which no block is stored on disk, which earlier versions won't support.
If you want to be able to downgrade smoothly, make a backup of your entire data directory. Without this your node will need start syncing (or importing from bootstrap.dat) anew afterwards. It is possible that the data from a completely synchronised 0.10 node may be usable in older versions as-is, but this is not supported and may break as soon as the older version attempts to reindex.
This does not affect wallet forward or backward compatibility.
Switched to Bitcoin Core version 0.10 - https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.10.0
- Implemented decentralized budget system
- Removed reference node
- Implemented new decentralized masternode payment consensus system
- Improved speed of DS
- New masternode payment/winners/budgets syncing strategy
- Platform independent masternode ranking system
- Masternode broadcasts, pings and winners now use the inventory system
- Transaction indexing is enabled by default for all clients
- Better implementation of IX block reprocessing to find and remove an invalid block
- IX nearly 100% successful with new implementation
- Lots of UI improvements and fixes including DS progress, wallet repair buttons, UI settings/filters persistence etc
Thanks to who contributed to this release, at least:
As well as everyone that helped translating on Transifex.