Common Disaster Recovery Scenarios
This is a list of common Disaster Recovery scenarios for software companies.
It is nearly-impossible to cover all the scenarios that can happen. However, this list should include some common scenarios that can help companies kick-start their own set of policies.
Please take a look at the contribution guidelines first. Contributions are always welcome!
Table of Contents
- Natural Disasters
- Hardware Failure
- Software Failure
- Human Error
- Insider Threats
- Security Threats
- Fire at data center
- Earthquake at data center
- Flood at data center
- Cooling system down overnight at data center
- Rack failure
- Memory corruption due to electricity problems
- Unexpected unplugging of a network link
- Faulty backup tapes
- Corruption of critical application
- Accidental release of private decryption keys
- Unauthorized Remote Desktop server running at some internal workstations
- DDoS triggered by a rogue employee.
- Compromised network
- Compromised server
- Compromised middle-box
- Loss of staff scenarios