Box Designer Web App
A simple web front-end to the box designer command line tool for making designs you can laser-cut.
pip install -r requirements.txt
tmp directory writable by your web user
python server.py and then try it at http://localhost:5000 in your web browser.
If you want to render a box in code, see the
This software is released under the GNU Affero General Public License.
This is built to be deployed easily to a containerized host (ie. Heroku-style).
Optional environment variables:
- MATOMO_TRACKER_URL - if you want to use Matomo analytics, fill this in
- MATOMO_SITE_ID - if you want to use Matomo analytics, fill this in
Box Designer started as a piece of Java desktop software in April of 2001 while Rahul Bhargava was a student at the MIT Media Lab's Lifelong Kindergarten Group. Since then, as it evolved into a Rails web app, and then a Python web app, others have contributed important pieces:
- @wildsparx on GitHub contributed the DXF output
- @vincentadam87 on GitHub contributed the "no top" option
- eolson [at] mit [dot] edu contributed the original notch length and kerf options
- @kentquirk on GitHub contributed SVG output and made the system generate closed curves in PDF and SVG