A collection of useful hooks
The scripts in this directory are intended for use with modular-git-hooks.
None of these files are required for
dispatch to work.
In many cases, these hooks may be used without
dispatch if you wish, and if you only need one hook per hook-type.
If you have cloned modular-git-hooks to some system-level location like
/opt/lib/githooks/, and you have used
install-dispatch to get
dispatch symlinked into your repository's
.git/hooks directory, you may install any of these examples by symlinking to them. The result looks like:
/var/www/html/mysite/ └── .git/ └── hooks/ │ ├── post-checkout -> /opt/lib/modular-git-hooks/dispatch ├── post-checkout.d │ └── make -> /opt/lib/modular-git-hooks/hooks/post-checkout.d/make │ ├── post-receive -> /opt/lib/modular-git-hooks/dispatch ├── post-receive.d │ └── update-upon-push -> /opt/lib/modular-git-hooks/hooks/post-receive.d/update-upon-push │ ├── update -> /opt/lib/modular-git-hooks/dispatch └── update.d └── update-upon-push-guard -> /opt/lib/modular-git-hooks/hooks/update.d/update-upon-push-guard
- "git push" to update your website if you have a git-managed directory on your webserver
- TODO "git push" to update your website if you have a "dumb" webserver that may only receive files
- TODO detect/reject/warn about files that shouldn't or probably shouldn't be in the repo like .egg-info, .pyc, .orig (defaults + configurable with git config) (server and local)
- TODO detect/reject code that has merge markers left in
- TODO warn about big binary files
- TODO detect/reject/warn about big files that get added and removed in the same push, needlessly inflating the history
- TODO apply linters, style checks, schema validators to source code (local vs. remote)
- TODO check to see if there will be conflicts when merging with parent branch
- TODO access controls to special protected branches
- TODO abstract into a helper library the pattern of "warn about problems using local hooks to help devs, block those same problems using remote hooks to protect (certain branches of) the repo"