Tableau export (v2) plugin
This plugin supersedes and deprecates the older "Tableau Export" plugin.
This plugin requires DSS 3.1.3 or higher
Normally, you don't need to run any manual installation procedure.
- Download the SDK for Python from http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/api/sdk/en-us/help.htm#SDK/tableau_sdk_installing.htm
- Extract it, open a command prompt, and navigate to the directory that contains setup.py.
DATA_DIR/bin/python setup.py install
The plugin adds two exporters to DSS:
- Export to TDE file (and download it)
- Export by uploading to a Tableau server
You can also use the "Export" recipe to automatically recreate TDE files.
0.0.3 - March 26th, 2017
- Fix export of dates with non-zero fractional part
0.0.2 - September 19th, 2016
- Update for DSS 3.1.3 with improved performance
- Don't flood the logs on bad data
- Fix handling of dates
- Fix integer overflow for bigint fields
0.0.1 - July 27th, 2016
- Tableau SDK upstream bug: If a column is named "long" and its type is long (aka bigint) then values will overflow