2nd City Zoning
2nd City Zoning is an interactive map that lets you:
- find out how your building is zoned
- learn where to locate your business
- explore zoning patterns throughout the city
To make Chicago’s zoning code digestible by humans, we took inspiration from one of our favorite games: Sim City 2000. It started with the color scheme and from there we got a little carried away. Graphics, sounds, music, oh my.
$ git clone email@example.com:datamade/second-city-zoning.git $ cd site_template $ gem install jekyll $ jekyll serve -w navigate to http://localhost:5000/
Errors / Bugs
If something is not behaving intuitively, it is a bug, and should be reported. Report it here: https://github.com/datamade/second-city-zoning/issues
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history.
- Send a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2013 Derek Eder and Juan-Pablo Velez of Open City. Released under the MIT License.