Invest in West Virginia Families
This website is built using Jekyll. You will need to install it first.
git clone https://github.com/datamade/wv-eitc.git cd wv-eitc jekyll serve -w
Then open your web browser and navigate to http://localhost:5000
We used the following open source tools:
- Jekyll - Static site generator built in Ruby
- GitHub pages - free static website hosting
West Virginia Upper and Lower legislative districts come from the US Census: https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/cbf/cbf_sld.html
EITC impact numbers collected and provided by the West Virginia Center on Budget & Policy.
- Derek Eder - developer, content
- Eric van Zanten - developer, GIS data merging
Errors / Bugs
If something is not behaving intuitively, it is a bug, and should be reported. Report it here: https://github.com/datamade/wv-eitc/issues
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history.
- Send a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2015 DataMade and Voices for West Virginia Center on Budget & Policy. Released under the MIT License.