A Microsoft SQL Server adapter for DataObjects,
This driver implements the DataObjects API for the Microsoft SQL Server relational database.
Problems with MRI implementation (unreleased):
- Relies on DBI's support for either ADO or ODBC with FreeTDS
- Has no tests and no data type conversion yet
Examples of usage:
# default port (using SQL Server Express Edition) DataObjects::Connection.new('sqlserver://user:pass@host/database;instance=SQLEXPRESS') # port specified (using SQL Server Express Edition) DataObjects::Connection.new('sqlserver://user:pass@host:1433/database;instance=SQLEXPRESS') @connection = DataObjects::Connection.new("sqlserver://john:p3$$@localhost:1433/userinfo") @reader = @connection.create_command('SELECT * FROM users').execute_reader @reader.next!
In the future, the
Connection constructor will be able to be passed either a
DataObjects-style URL or JDBC style URL, when using do_sqlserver on JRuby.
However, this feature is not currently working reliably and is a known issue.
- See also the accompanying
This driver is provided for the following platforms:
- JRuby 1.3.1 + (1.4+ recommended).
Code for the following platform is in the repository, but is still under EARLY DEVELOPMENT and is neither RELEASED or SUPPORTED:
- Ruby MRI (1.8.6/7), 1.9: tested on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows platforms.
Additionally you should have the following prerequisites:
do_jdbcgem (shared library), if running on JRuby.
dbigem, if running on MRI.
- On non-Windows platforms, unixODBC and FreeTDS libraries.
To install the gem:
gem install do_sqlserver
To compile and install from source:
- Installation of do_sqlserver is significantly more involved than for other
drivers. Please see the accompanying
- Installation of do_sqlserver is significantly more involved than for other drivers. Please see the accompanying
For JRuby extensions:
- Install the Java Development Kit (provided if you are on a recent version of Mac OS X) from http://java.sun.com.
- Install a recent version of JRuby. Ensure
jrubyis in your
PATHand/or you have configured the
JRUBY_HOMEenvironment variable to point to your JRuby installation.
jruby -S rake install.
Then, install this driver with
(jruby -S) rake install.
sudo gem install do_sqlserver
For more information, see the SQL Server driver wiki page: http://wiki.github.com/datamapper/do/sql-server.
Follow the above installation instructions. Additionally, you'll need:
rspecgem for running specs.
YARDgem for generating documentation.
See the DataObjects wiki for more comprehensive information on installing and contributing to the JRuby-variant of this driver: http://wiki.github.com/datamapper/do/jruby.
To run specs:
To run specs without compiling extensions first:
To run individual specs:
rake spec TEST=spec/connection_spec.rb
(Note that the
rake task uses a
TEST parameter, not
SPEC. This is because
Rake::TestTask is used for executing the Bacon specs).
This code is licensed under an MIT (X11) License. Please see the