Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the datameet-pune.github.io wiki!
We'll be using this space to document the projects we do.
Click here to go to the main site page.
Contact a human : nikhil.js [at] gmail.com
(click above for common documentation)
For creating apps/scripts/tools (across topics)
GTFS Feed creator (same as linked under PMPML topic)
Legacy Devnagri to Unicode font converter for formatted documents like word, spreadsheet, presentation
Projects with CEE Pune (Centre for Environment Education)
Improve upon existing projects / replicate them for applying at our end
Bangmandu: Clone it. See technical explanation here.
Useful tools, resources online
- Venny : online Venn diagram generator http://bioinfogp.cnb.csic.es/tools/venny/
- Diff checker : https://www.diffchecker.com/diff
- Count duplicates in a list : http://www.somacon.com/p568.php
- Remove duplicate lines : http://textmechanic.com/text-tools/basic-text-tools/remove-duplicate-lines/
- Imgur : online image hosting: https://imgur.com
- Word file to markdown converter : https://word-to-markdown.herokuapp.com/
- Rich text to markdown converter : http://markitdown.medusis.com/
- GIF Maker : http://gifmaker.me/
- Quick online map maker : http://www.arcgis.com/
- Code for putting the "fork me on github" ribbon on your project : https://github.com/blog/273-github-ribbons
- Calculate distance between two lat-long points: http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html
- Find lat-long of a point on google map: http://www.latlong.net/
- Quickly map rows from a table with lat-long data, geocode addresses etc: https://www.easymapmaker.com/ , http://www.hamstermap.com
- Python scripts on the web: http://www.skulpt.org/
- JSON viewer and a good place to host and show jsons online: https://codebeautify.org/jsonviewer/
- JSON tree viewer (spl for hierarchical JSON) : http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/
- PlantText : text language for generating flow charts https://www.planttext.com/
- Google Drive CMS : a Google Sheet with a custom menu option to publish the content of that spreadsheet to your site's API. https://www.drivecms.xyz/
- Firebase : Lot of database related stuff. Can capture data coming in from GoogleDriveCMS or others; can be used for remotely pushing changes to apps, for authentication etc. https://firebase.google.com/
- Netlify : CMS that can run off github pages https://www.netlifycms.org/
- epub.js : render .epub files in browser https://github.com/futurepress/epub.js/
Useful software, online platforms
- Tabula : http://tabula.technology/ : Extract tabular data from PDF
- OpenRefine : http://openrefine.org/ : Software to clean, refine messy data. Esp good for fixing spelling differences.
- Trinket : write, share, run Python and other code online https://trinket.io/
- Jupyter Notebook : an open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and explanatory text. http://jupyter.org/. Check out an example