what it is
the sourcecaster helps you use the command line to work through common challenges that come up when working with digital primary sources.
how you can help / contribute
if you have suggestions for commands that help you with your work, or really any thoughts that can help make the sourcecaster better, feel free to contribute to the codebase of the project, or shoot an email to Thomas Padilla directly.
in order to take advantage of all commands in the sourcecaster install the following:
- [brew] (http://brew.sh/ "brew")- package manager, makes it easier to install command line tools
- [port] (https://www.macports.org/ "port")- package manager, makes it easier to install command line tools
- [xpdf] (http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html "xpdf")- open source PDF manipulation
- [wget] (https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/ "wget")- download (get) stuff from the web in bulk (images, sound files, etc.)
- [tesseract] (https://github.com/tesseract-ocr "tesseract") - perform optical character recognition, making files text searchable
- [ffmpeg] (https://ffmpeg.org/ "ffmpeg") - manipulate multiple types of media (moving images, image, etc.)
- [imagemagick] (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php "imagemagick") - manipulate images
- [pandoc] (http://pandoc.org/index.html "pandoc") - manipulate and convert wide array of documents