Datarhei/Restreamer offers smart free video streaming in real time. Stream H.264 video of IP cameras live to your website. Upload your live video on YouTube-Live, Ustream, Twitch, Livestream.com or any other streaming solutions e.g. Wowza-Streaming-Engine. Our Docker-Image is easy to install and runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows. Datarhei/Restreamer can be perfectly combined with single-board computers like Raspberry Pi and Odroid. It is free (licensed under Apache 2.0) and you can use it for any purpose, private or commercial.
- User-Interface including login-security
- JSON / HTTP-API
- FFmpeg streaming/encoding the video/camera-stream, creating snapshots or pushing to a external streaming-endpoint
- NGINX incl. RTMP-Module as streaming-backend and hls server
- Clappr-Player to embed your stream on your website
- Docker and Kitematic (Docker-Toolbox) optimizations and very easy installation
- rc.8 (next 14 days)
- backend refactoring
- full REST API
- optimizing FFmpeg handling
- debugging features
Documentation is available on Datarhei/Restreamer GitHub pages. We give you a lot of of informations from setting up a camera, embedding your player upon your website and streaming to services like e.g. YouTube-Live, Ustream and Livestream.com and many more things.
More additional informations about streaming, cameras and so on you can find in our Wiki.
Help / Bugs
If you have problems or found a bug feel free to create a new issue upon the Github issue management.
Want to talk to us? Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, go to Support or choose a nickname speak to us in IRC: irc.freenode.net/#datarhei (webchat). You could ask a question in our (Forum) on Google Groups, too.
Special thanks for supporting this project continuously to Andrew Shulgin.
Code released under the Apache license. Images are copyrighted by datarhei.org