DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra
A Java client driver for Apache Cassandra. This driver works exclusively with the Cassandra Query Language version 3 (CQL3) and Cassandra's binary protocol.
- JIRA: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/JAVA
- MAILING LIST: https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/#!forum/java-driver-user
- IRC: #datastax-drivers on irc.freenode.net
- DOCS: http://www.datastax.com/doc-source/developer/java-driver
- API: http://www.datastax.com/drivers/java/apidocs
The driver architecture is based on layers. At the bottom lies the driver core. This core handles everything related to the connections to a Cassandra cluster (for example, connection pool, discovering new nodes, etc.) and exposes a simple, relatively low-level API on top of which higher level layer can be built.
- The driver contains the following modules:
- driver-core: the core layer.
- driver-examples: example applications using the other modules which are only meant for demonstration purposes.
More modules including a simple object mapper will come shortly.
Please refer to the README of each module for more information.
The last release of the driver is available on Maven Central. You can install it in your application using the following Maven dependency:
<dependency> <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId> <artifactId>cassandra-driver-core</artifactId> <version>1.0.1</version> </dependency>