DataStax Java Driver for Apache Cassandra
A Java client driver for Apache Cassandra. This driver works exclusively with the Cassandra Query Language version 3 (CQL3) and Cassandra's binary protocol.
- JIRA: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/JAVA
- MAILING LIST: https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/#!forum/java-driver-user
- IRC: #datastax-drivers on irc.freenode.net
- TWITTER: Follow the latest news about DataStax Drivers - @olim7t, @mfiguiere
- DOCS: http://www.datastax.com/documentation/developer/java-driver/2.0/index.html
- API: http://www.datastax.com/drivers/java/2.0
- CHANGELOG: https://github.com/datastax/java-driver/blob/2.0/driver-core/CHANGELOG.rst
The driver architecture is based on layers. At the bottom lies the driver core. This core handles everything related to the connections to a Cassandra cluster (for example, connection pool, discovering new nodes, etc.) and exposes a simple, relatively low-level API on top of which higher level layer can be built.
- The driver contains the following modules:
- driver-core: the core layer.
- driver-examples: example applications using the other modules which are only meant for demonstration purposes.
More modules including a simple object mapper will come shortly.
Please refer to the README of each module for more information.
The last release of the driver is available on Maven Central. You can install it in your application using the following Maven dependency:
<dependency> <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId> <artifactId>cassandra-driver-core</artifactId> <version>22.214.171.124</version> </dependency>
The Java client driver 2.0 (branch 2.0) is compatible with Apache Cassandra 1.2 and 2.0, but some features are available only when using Apache Cassandra 2.0 (e.g. result set paging, BatchStatement, lightweight transactions -- see What's new in Cassandra 2.0). Trying to use these with a cluster running Cassandra 1.2 will result in an UnsupportedFeatureException being thrown.
Upgrading from 1.x branch
If you are upgrading from the 1.x branch of the driver, be sure to have a look at the upgrade guide.
We used the opportunity of a major version bump to incorporate your feedback and improve the API, to fix a number of inconsistencies and remove cruft. Unfortunately this means there are some breaking changes, but the new API should be both simpler and more complete.
If you are having issues connecting to the cluster (seeing NoHostAvailableConnection exceptions) please check the connection requirements.
Copyright 2012-2014, DataStax
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.