A clone of the new Facebook iOS UI paradigm; a sidebar navigation table that is revealed by sliding the main content panel to the right. The search goes full-screen and everything supports the standard orientations.
This project uses the Container View Controller methods introduced iOS 5.0 so, it won't work on any version prior. This project uses ARC so, you'll need Mac OS 10.7+ (Lion) and Xcode 4.2.1+ to build it.
How Do I Use It?
- Copy the core components (GHSidebarViewController, GHSidebarSearchViewController and GHSidebarMenuCell) into your project.
- Use GHAppDelegate as a template to integrate GHSidebarViewController into your main window in your project's AppDelegate, sending your own headers, controllers and cellInfos.
- Modify [GHSidebarSearchViewController performSearch] to find your search results (call a web service, etc.).
- Modify [GHSidebarSearchViewController tableView:didSelectRowAtIndexPath:] to do something with the selected search result.
- Modify the colors and appearance to match your color scheme.
Copyright 2011 Greg Haines
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.