I keep track of the books I want to read using GoodReads.com. This project is all about helping me find out which books on my to-read shelf are available as ebook or audio from the Oakland library system, which by the way is open to all California residents.
HIGH LEVEL ROADMAP
This is a work in progress.
- [DONE] Make a script that lets me do title searches agains the library database
- [DONE] Make a script that lets me do ISBN searches agains the library database
- [DONE] Make a script the lets me list all the books on my to-read shelf
- [DONE] Be annoyed by realization that will need to implement a fuzzier search because a book on the shelf will have only one of many possible ISBN numbers that may match what the library has.
- GoodReads search returns all possible ISBN numbers for each book on shelf.
- convert the scripts into SDK
- Combine the two
- Extend the library site capabilities to go through the steps of checking out books