Jez is a text-based step sequencer for generative music.
Jez implements a domain specific language for expressing step sequences and provides a command-line tool for their playback over Open Sound Control and MIDI.
Nested step sequences are supported, for creating more rhythmically complex patterns, and a range of built-in keywords and track effects are provided for adding further variation.
- Support for MIDI & Open Sound Control (over UDP and WebSockets).
- Range of built-in keywords & track effects for manipulating sequences.
- Support for user defined keywords.
- Light on system dependencies.
- C API for FFI usage (primarily for Web Assembly).
- MIDI clock support & other forms of synchronisation.
- Better documentation and examples.