An example of some of the more recent (3.1,3.2) Spring features.
To Use rest api with database (showcasing JavaConfig and SpringData)
- create a database and run src/main/db/create.sql
- edit RepositoryConfig.java with your connection settings for your database
- build war and deploy
- from the src/test/client directory execute curlCreate.sql to create a demo object. you may need to edit the context/host/port in the curl command for your deployment.
- you can run src/test/client/curlGet.sh to fetch the new object by id
To try out an async request (showcasing AsyncServlet)
- hit the url ://async/webservicecall (this will make an async call to www.yahoo.com and render the result using servlet 3.0 asyc response)