#Coffee On Me
A recommendation service to meet professional outside your network. Now in private beta at coffeeon.me.
- Email Digest - So you don‘t miss a thing, we send you a weekly email full of professionals that you should be connecting with.
- Smart Recommendations - We leverage your Facebook data so you can meet people beyond your current network.
- Invite & Meetup - Invite other professionals to meet up. After all, it’s just coffee.
- Michael Hintze - Design Lead
- Dave Lester - Frontend Engineer
- Rui Dai - Backend Engineer
- Aijia Yan - Backend Engineer
Bugs, Quirks, Easter Eggs
- Permission checks for certain authenticated routes currently are buggy.
- Generation of recommendations runs as a slow process on the server. Concurrency could help improve performance.
- Templating should be consolidated. Currently, there are Jinja2 limitations that prevent us from extending a singular base template. Need to pursue a more-flexible solution.
- User profiles, including searchable pages and user-editable profiles.
- Handling of invitation notifications within the web application (currently uses email for messaging).
- A mobile-friendly interface.
- Adding search to the web application.
- Asynchronous loading of Facebook data. Currently done on run-time in the browser (slow).
- AJAX requests for filtering content on the recommendations page instead of reloading the entire page.
- Integration with additional social networks (LinkedIn, Github, Google+).