A Perl script to find all words in a dictionary containing specified letters. Live demo available at WordsPleasehttp://davepagurek.com/wordsplease
WordsPlease works with text files with one word per line. Input
Parameters: 1. Create an instance of WordsPlease
- Directory: The directory with your dictionary text files
- Word limit (optional): If a limit is specified, WordsPlease stops after finding that amount of words in whatever order they were found in.
- Time limit (optional): If a limit is specified, WordsPlease stops looking after the specified number of seconds.
Word list text files can be downloaded online from your source of choice. The live demo uses the SIL International list.
Parameters: 2. Get an array of matched words
- Exclusivity (optional, default is 0): If 1, no letters not listed can be in the word
- Match Quantity (optional, default is 0): If 1, only as many of each letter as appear in the letters string can be in the word