Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Voices Deephelm Explorer
The Deephelm Explorer is a Materia character who grows more powerful by entering land tiles and exploring them. She is a young, inquisitive, but serious character who is enamored by exploring and discovery.
When summoned the Explorer should sound enthusiastic and eager to go; she is beginning a journey she is eager to embark on.
- "And so I begin my journey of discovery"
- "What artifacts have I been summoned to discover?"
Being summoned (in a lane with no lands)
Being summoned into a lane with no lands is generally not a good move for the player, since the idea of the Deephelm Explorer is to explore lands. She should sound disappointed and perplexed.
- "I came to explore grand temples, and all I see are empty plains"
Being summoned (in a lane with many lands)
Being summoned into a lane with many lands is a big opportunity for the Deephelm Explorer and she should react with excitement and curiosity.
- "So many artifacts to discover!"
Entering a land (discovering artifacts)
The explorer is excited when she enters a new land. She loves discovering new things and grows more powerful, her voice should be excited and enthusiastic.
- "A relic! I have discovered a relic of ages long passed!"
- "So much to explore!"
- "A strange rune, now to decipher it"
- "With each discovery, my power grows"
Entering combat (favorable odds)
- "With the aid of my relics I will dispatch you!"
- "Let us fight then"
Entering combat (unfavorable odds)
The explorer is entering combat and looks certain to die. She should sound scared though defiant.
- "I will go down fighting!"
- "A little help, please!"
Several turns with no activity
- "Well, this is exciting..."
- "There really are so many other things I could be doing right now."
This prompt is played when the Explorer looked certain to die but the player worked out a way to save her. It is usually a very positive feeling for the player and the explorer should sound cheery and non-chalant about her brush with death.
- "I was not ready to die, there is more to explore"
- "You thought that would do me in?"
- "I perish..."
- "So much left ... undiscovered..."
- "So this will be ... my tomb!"
- "My journey ends..."