Most common birthdays
A web app to visualise the most common birthdays for a country (or any other entity you have the data for).
- A tiny web app that lets users enter their birthday and see how many others in the country they share it with.
- A calendar visualisation showing at what times of the year more birthdays than average occur and at what times less.
Out of the box, it's in German and using data for Switzerland. To make it work for you, do the following:
- Get the data you want to visualise and format in a) JSON and b) a simple array
- Replace the default data array in bdays.js with yours and replace data.json with your file.
- Translate the bits you want in your language
- Add a caveat to your data to the .caveat paragraph if needed.
- Link to your data source in #footnote, please leave the credit.
I'm a journalist, not a programmer, so don't expect perfect code (well, don't even expect decent code, but rather code that somehow works). If you can help improve the code, please do. This is my first D3 project, so I'm eager to learn.