Udacity VR High Immersion Nanodegree
Puzzler - Davide Zordan
Puzzler is a mobile VR application for new VR users which challenges them to solve a familiar type of puzzle in a new way.
I've published some implementation details in this blog post: https://medium.com/davide-blog/building-puzzler-vr-6e21dfab1510
Build and Test
It's possible to test the project using Unity. If Unity is not available, an apk has been provided and can be deployed directly to an Android device. The project has been tested using both Google Cardboard and Oculus Go but the provided apk is targeting only Google Cardboard.
Scenes required (the order should be respected):
- Unzip the zip file
- Launch Unity (the project is targeting Unity 2017.4.15f1)
- Open the project located under the folder “Puzzler"
- Open the scene "Puzzler" to explore the hierarchy
- VR mode has been set on the Android build platform in the Build settings
- Use the menu “File->Build settings->Android->Build and Run” to run it on an Google Cardboard device. Replace the target if another platform (like Oculus Go) is required
- Explore the scene in the headset
Deploy to the device
If needed, a build targeting Oculus Go has already been provided in the folder "Builds" and can be deployed to a device using the following command from an adb command prompt: