flextable R package
- R Markdown documents with support for HTML, Word and PowerPoint documents.
- Microsoft Word or PowerPoint documents with package officer.
- PDF documents with package
Tables can also be rendered as R plots or graphic files (png, pdf and jpeg).
An API is available to let R users create tables for reporting and
control their formatting properties and their layout. A
object is a data.frame representation, it can be manipulated with
functions that give control over:
- header, body and footer content
- text, paragraphs, cells and border formatting of any element
- displayed values
There are articles on the flextable website that will help you get you to start quickly:
The help pages can be read here.
You can get the development version from GitHub:
The help pages are located at https://davidgohel.github.io/flextable/.
This project is developed and maintained on my own time. If you have
questions about how to use the package, visit Stackoverflow and use tags
usually read them and answer when possible.
Don’t send me a private emails to get free R support or to ask questions about using the package. They are systematically ignored except if you are French in which case I send you a commercial proposal :)
Contributing to the package
Code of Conduct
Anyone getting involved in this package agrees to our Code of Conduct.
When you file a bug report, please spend some time making it easy for me to follow and reproduce. The more time you spend on making the bug report coherent, the more time I can dedicate to investigate the bug as opposed to the bug report.
Contributing to the package development
A great way to start is to contribute an example or improve the documentation.
If you want to submit a Pull Request to integrate functions of yours, please provide:
- the new function(s) with code and roxygen tags (with examples)
- a new section in the appropriate vignette that describes how to use the new function
- corresponding tests in directory
By using rhub (run
rhub::check_for_cran()), you will see if everything
is ok. When submitted, the PR will be evaluated automatically on travis
and appveyor and you will be able to see if something broke.