Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
An online, modified remake of the classic classic Brain Age for the Nintendo DS. Try to get the highest score possible within 60 seconds! There are four types of questions: Complete the Sentence, Math, Find the Missing Shape, and Recognition.
Simply go to https://dko-brain-age-back-end.herokuapp.com/ to deploy backend. The web page should say "The page you were looking for doesn't exist." Go to https://davidholyko.github.io/dko-brain-age-front-end/ to interact with the page
- Ruby + Ruby on Rails
- pSQL + SQL
- CSS + SASS
- Bootstrap + Handlebars
- Chart.js and mathjs
Planning and Development
- Start coding
- Complete small goals that lead upto a big goal
- Make adjustments along the way
- Acquire crucial feedback for improvement
- Implement feedback goals
- Start coding
- Build Resource - games
- Add games relationship to user
- Make Create, Read controller actions for games back end
- Make some custom routes and serializers
- Start working on front end
- Create logic for one of the problems
- Create game display
- Create three more logic problems
- Implment all four problems
- Create Create, Read for games front end
- Build MVP resource - suggestions
- Add suggestions relationship to user
- Make CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Destroy) actions for suggestions back end
- Make CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Destroy) actions for suggestions front end
- Style with HTML and Bootstrap
- Get feedback, implment changes
Initial wireframes and user stories
- As a user, I want to sign up.
- As a user, I want to sign in.
- As a user, I want to change passwords.
- As a user, I want to sign out.
- As a user, I want to play a game.
- As a user, I want to play a game without signing in
- As a user, I want to see my previous games.
- As a user, I want to go to all previous games.
- As a user, I want to go make a public suggestion.
- As a user, I want to go CRUD a public suggestion.
Problem Solving Strategy
- Break down problems into smallest solvable problem and build up.
- Take a break after certain amount of time regardless of progress.
- Write down diagrams if stuck.
- Explain code to peers for different approaches to solve the problem.
Unsolved Problems (Problem Working on at the time of editing this file)
Future Direction (Super Stretch Goals)
- 3 2 1 Countdown before game starts
- query score by player
- my scores graph
- compare my score to queried player
- All content is licensed under a CCBYNCSA 4.0 license.
- All software code is licensed under GNU GPLv3. [ ] For commercial use or alternative licensing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to Jennifer Meade, Erica Salling, Ben Jenkins, Toni Langley, Jordan Allain, Caleb Pearce, Naida Rosenberger, GA WDI-30, and everyone at General Assembly Boston.